Tuesday, June 28, 2011

More Michah 6:8

Do you remember how I was seeing Micah 6:8 everywhere? After I wrote that, it started showing up EVEN MORE. How is that even possible? But it was in more articles, websites, emails, and blogs. It showed up in my doctor’s office. It got so I was surprised every morning when I didn't wake up with it tattooed on my forehead. I was so thankful for that that I bought it on a necklace instead.


I’ve concentrated on the part of the verse that talks about mercy. But I am starting to see “justice” everywhere too. Some translations say “act justly” and some say “seek justice”. I haven’t done an exhaustive study on all the wordings. But I do know that God sees the justice as important as the mercy (I eat enough crow these days to know that He is serious about the “walking humbly” part too).

Today, justice showed up on a t-shirt. The quote is:

“Justice is what love looks like in public” ~ Cornel West

Hmmmm… don’t have any profound thoughts about that yet. Still spending some time with it. But I definitely wanted to share how Micah 6:8 is still very much part of my daily journey. I suppose more will be revealed in time…

0 Comments, Comebacks, and Wisecracks:

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining me here.

Moral support, prayers, and witty comments always appreciated.