Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Anorexic Blog

I am hungry for words. Ravenous. But I won't let myself have them. And so my poor little blog is starving to death. 

What would happen if I would just allow myself those words? Would my blog be too "fat" or "heavy"? Would it not look as lean and healthy as other blogs? What if my words do not look as good as some others? Would it matter to anyone but me that I somehow failed in the comparison? Does it matter?

And so my "art" imitates my life and becomes disordered... maybe there is some clinical diagnosis for not allowing yourself to write. Or maybe I am just thinking too hard.

Poor little starving blog. You need some words.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE to read, here, so I do wish you'd get your blog on. You're a storyteller: focus in on one moment and let 'er roll. You're the only one who can write out of your head; you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your blog gets too fast later on, put 'er on a diet. ;-) In the meantime, I say go for it and enjoy a feast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandee, you are a keeper! :) Lisa, we might have to settle for just snacks for awhile, but I'm working on it. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi I'm currently doing a piece on anorexia for my major in year 12 and id really appreciate if you could take few minutes of your time to do my survey your input would really count, and anyone else reading this use can all do the survey the more the better! thanks

    http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/917212/why-do-anorexia-patiens-recover-but-then-relapse-back-into-it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining me here.

Moral support, prayers, and witty comments always appreciated.